Stag and Longboat Viking Penny Earrings
Reproduction Viking coins just like those found at the Hedeby Site! Coins of this type were struck between AD 870-900 - about a century before the first Viking longboats would touch North American soil.
These ornate pieces of silver originated in what is known as the Dark Ages, a time when the mighty forests and vast seas were revered for their great mystery, intrigue, the unknown, powerful spirits and beings. The imagery on this coin bears homage to both realms, of land and sea.
Obverse: Stylized longboat with shields
Reverse: Stylized stag and mythical symbols (serpent, triskelion, mask)
- As with all of our wire earrings, these coins are double sided and therefore reversible to mix and match whichever way you choose.
- Solid sterling silver earring hooks (not cheap silver plated copper)
- cold struck from solid .925 sterling silver
- 19mm, ~1.3-1.5g per coin (like the originals, coins are fairly thin and light weight)
- Just like the originals, each is hand struck, so allow for slight irregularity and variance from the photos
©2013 Awestruck Workshop
All rights reserved