Stag and Longboat Viking Penny Pendant
Reproduction Viking coins just like those found at the Hedeby Site! Coins of this type were struck between AD 870-900 - about a century before the first Viking longboats would touch North American soil.
These ornate pieces of silver originated in what is known as the Dark Ages, a time when the mighty forests and vast seas were revered for their great mystery, intrigue, the unknown, powerful spirits and beings. The imagery on this coin bears homage to both realms, of land and sea.
Obverse: Stylized longboat with shields, large fish below
Reverse: Stylized stag and mythical symbols (serpent, triskelion, mask)
- cold struck from solid .925 sterling silver
- 19mm, ~1.3-1.5g per coin (like the originals, coins are fairly thin)
- Just like the originals, each is hand struck, so allow for slight irregularity and variance from the photos
- As with all of our coins, they are double sided and therefore reversible to flip and wear whichever side you choose.
- Pendant clasp is solid sterling silver (not cheap plated copper)
©2016 Awestruck Workshop
All rights reserved